Your home for periodontal care in Arlington
Are you secretly suffering in pain, hoping that your tooth pain will just go away? Do you keep telling yourself that you’ll ‘get to it later’…even though ‘later’ never comes? If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Fidel Dental Group of Arlington, VA offers affordable periodontist care that can help you find lasting relief.
Periodontal Disease Explained
Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is an infection of the tissues surrounding your teeth. Plaque slowly builds up over time until it hardens and creates a breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
This problem manifests as a toothache, bloody gums, or inflammation.
The experience can be quite surprising (not to mention incredibly unpleasant) especially if you’re someone who brushes their teeth regularly. But the truth is, periodontal disease can happen to anyone.
That’s where we come in.
Our periodontal therapy techniques can help you improve the appearance of your smile, alleviate pain related to tooth sensitivity, and improve your oral health. Our highly trained periodontists specialize in restoring the tissue that supports and surrounds your teeth so you can avoid things like gum disease, gingivitis, and tooth loss.
Will Periodontal Therapy Work for Me?
If you’re having hesitations about periodontal therapy, we hear you. After all, it’s an investment- and you want to make sure you make an informed decision.
That’s why we take the time to get to know you so we can create a customized dental plan that’s right for you.
We offer both surgical and non-surgical options including procedures like:
- Deep cleaning. Prevent gum disease by having plaque and tartar gently removed from beneath the gum tissue using ultrasonic instruments.
- Gum grafting. A good option for people who have a gummy smile or receding gums, this simple surgery involves taking a tissue sample from the top of your mouth and reattaching it to the gum area.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery. This transformational procedure will improve the appearance and health of your gum line while giving you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
- Crown Lengthening Surgery. During this procedure, the excess gum tissue is reshaped to expose a more enhanced, broad smile.
- Dental Implants. This popular long-term solution for failing teeth provides people with artificial tooth roots that provide a base for fixed replacement teeth.
How to Make Your Results Last
Creating and maintaining a regular dental hygiene routine is the key to success. You can build strong teeth and strong gums just like you build muscle when you exercise. All it takes is a daily commitment to your health.
Here are some expert tips for great oral hygiene:
- Brush and floss your teeth daily.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue (yes, plaque can build up there too.)
- Consider using fluoride toothpaste, it provides a protective barrier for your teeth that protects against tooth decay.
- Incorporate mouthwash into your routine to minimize acid and re-mineralize your teeth.
- Limit sugary foods and drink more water.
You Don’t Have to Suffer in Silence Anymore
We know that going to the dentist isn’t your favorite thing. It can be stressful and produce anxiety. But we do our utmost to make your visit comfortable and stress and worry-free. When you come in for your dental visit, you’ll always be treated with care and kindness. There is no judgment from us, just a genuine desire to help.